Sunday, April 28, 2013

Last Read-a-Thon post

The Lost Summer of Louisa May AlcottThe Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A successful look at the Alcott family from a fictional point of view. It expands the story without violating conventions of the time. This is a good example of fictionalized biography.

View all my reviews

I must admit I didn't stay up the entire time. I fell asleep about 3 a.m. for an hour. But I've enjoyed the whole thing immensely.

And thanks to my visitors. Lorie and Jean each came over read for awhile. And Gena came over unexpectedly and gave me a revitalizing neck and shoulder rub. This was such a lot of fun that I know I'll be tempted again in October by the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 1 hour of sleep! You are officially a Read-a-Thon pro now! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete