Saturday, May 11, 2013

Books and Death and yet not depressing

The End of Your Life Book ClubThe End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a special book. It is the story of an exclusive book club with just two members, Will and his mother--but it is so much more than that.



It's a tribute to a remarkable woman who cared about people, especially the voiceless people of the world, with a passion. It is a loving memory of the woman who spent the last two years of her life staying in touch with the people she loved with grace and dignity. It is a resounding vote of confidence in the lasting contribution of books to the well-being of the human spirit.



I wish I'd met Mary Ann Schwalbe. She sounds like she was of the good people. And I have several (many) books I wish we could have talked about together.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment