Thursday, April 18, 2013

Prepping for the Read-a-Thon (Sort of)

As the Read-a-Thon approaches (April 27) I've been debating strategy. Should I start with a boring book and get it out of the way? Should I read a short book first, finish it quickly, and feel like I accomplished something? Should I just keep a stack of books on hand and just dip and swing my way through? Should I alternate between "book" books and stuff on the e-reader? How much time should I allot to posting stuff on the blog as I go along? Can I make a party out of this? I've certainly had stranger themes for a party.

2 comments:

  1. I plan to have a stack of books on hand and just dip and swing my way through.

    I like your party idea. I might try that for the next read-a-thon. That is, if I make it half way through this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find the ongoing sense of accomplishment is a big part of keeping my reading mojo going. I would recommend lots of short books to keep the good times rolling!

    Andi
    Readathon Host

    ReplyDelete